Thursday, March 6, 2008

Purpose of T.R.U.E. Fathers

Fathers, I would like to welcome you to a blog built for you. The purpose of this blog, which the name “T.R.U.E.” bares, is “to restore, unite, and empower fathers. In today's society, fatherhood is sometimes depicted as nonexistent in many households. Unfortunately, there are too many households that consist of children that don’t have their fathers active in their lives. For those fathers that are active in their child’s life, we need to make sure we remain active. Additionally, we need to talk about our experiences so that the next father out there reading this can learn from what we have experienced.

I also want to show people the happiness that fatherhood brings. By showing this happiness, I pray that those fathers not active in their children’s life will somehow be led to become active with their children. I know it’s going to take more than talking about it online, but this is a start. Eventually, fathers that know other fathers that are not active with their kids will need to give those fathers a push to become active. As Cain asked God in the book of Genesis, “Am I my brother’s keeper?”, we must realize that the answer to that question is yes, I am my brother’s keeper. With that being said, it is our responsibility to watch out for our brothers, friends, co-workers, and even people we don’t know.

This blog is for all fathers (and mothers please feel free to read also). It is for you to drive. While the blog will discuss topics that come to my mind regarding fatherhood, I would also like to discuss topics or questions that you may have on your mind. I want this to be an open forum for all to use. Because of this, I have asked several fathers that I am close to for assistance by providing their thoughts and expertise on the different topics being discussed. Each father will bring a different dynamic to a topic due to their situation. Their situations range from a single father raising a 5 year old girl to a married father raising five children. As for me, I am a married father raising two kids, a 13 year-old stepson and a 2 year-old son. So if you have any questions out there about fatherhood and what to do in a particular situation with your kids, please feel free to ask your questions thru the comment tool at the bottom of the posting (this can be done anonymously). I will post the question so that it can be discussed by fathers that may have the exact answer that you need. Your question may be just the thing that another father wanted to ask and needs an answer to.

Let's get this movement started. Let’s begin to restore, unite, and empower fathers.

Be strong and talk to you soon!

No comments: