Monday, October 27, 2008

The Gift of Life...Continuing to be a Father

I quickly want to share my good news on this blog. With marriage, some couples choose to grow their family while others choose not to. Well, I just want to say that my wife and I will be growing our family by one. Sometime next summer, a new blessing will be added to the Wells' household.

I anticipate the next 7 or 8 months being another interesting journey. I know there is a lot to be learned during this process...as it was during the other pregnancy 4 years ago. I look forward to whatever comes...especially the daily husband to-do-list :(

I think I will share some of my ongoing pregnancy experiences over these next months. It will be therapeutic to me to get some things off my chest...whether anyone listens or not :)

That's all. Just wanted to share my news.

Be strong and talk to you soon.

1 comment:

Ike G said...

It is always a great feeling to here that you are going to become a father. I also, received the news of a new addition to my family earlier this year. My two girls are looking forward to the birth of their little brother. To see the look on their face when my wife shows them pictures from the ultrasounds are priceless.

On another note, being a father in the military I must really explain to my five year “Why we move so much”. During the week of Thanksgiving we will be moving to Ft. Hood, TX. This will be Danielle’s, my five years old’s fourth move in five years. Yeah, it is allot and she started kindergarten this year. I just have to remind her that she gets to meet more friends and that she should be happy to have friends from El Paso, TX, Woodbridge, VA, Monterey, CA, Ft. Leavenworth, KS, and now Ft. Hood, TX. It is a task reminding her off all of this, but this is what my wife and I have agreed to. A military family is not a small task. See you when we get to Texas.

Ike G